Sunday, June 29, 2014

Was The DCCC Pestering You With Spam All Weekend?

>




As you know, tomorrow (June 30) marks the end of the FEC's arbitrary reporting quarter. Candidates are hysterical and following DCCC suggestions to burn their lists with a constant barrage of requests for contributions. If you're ever signed a DCCC online petition you've probably had dozens of content-free requests since Friday, including multiple pleas from Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Steve Israel, neither of whom seems to have thought it was relevant to tell Democrats that each had just voted with the Republicans against Tom Massie's amendment to end unconstitutional domestic spying by the NSA and, again, with most Republicans, against Barbara Lee's amendment to prevent another war in Iraq.

One of my friends, formerly a very major Democratic donor, Michael Wolkowitz, feels like almost everyone I've talked to about this barrage of e-mails. He sent this response to the DCCC when they consistently refused to remove his name from their spam files:
"Sorry!" does not come even close to making up for your incompetence, lack of integrity, and dishonesty. I have tried multiple times to unsubscribe from your list and the lists of the candidates you share it with. Self-evidently, it does not work. I am not giving money to you or any individual candidates for the House this year. Sadly, electronic mail is free so I cannot tell you to stop wasting your money. I will, sometime soon, use my small Huffington Post bully pulpit to talk about how sneaky and soulless your committee is. Please please stop sending me mail.
When I asked Michael if I could use his e-mail today, I said I could leave his name out for the sake on anonymity. I loved his response: "If you think it would be a plus feel free to name me. I am sick of the assault by the committees that don’t actually deserve to use the word Democratic, I am sick of the corporatist dominance of that party, I am sick of that party’s vast majority on Capitol Hill blanket support of the Department of War because they are so risk averse they would never dare be perceived as anything but hawks, I am sick of their risk aversion to ever taking a stand on an issue that either:  a) is not pre-guaranteed to pass AND b) not hurt them in a general election, c) and get 60 votes in the Senate. These motherfuckers won’t even get a highway appropriations bill passed let alone allow debate on climate change, immigration, the poor starving yearning to breathe free who happen to be U.S. citizens. I think you can write my next thirty paragraphs for me so I will leave it there. I feel like I have wasted a whole lot of money time effort energy and emotion over the last 10-15 years trying my best to work “within the system.” I am back to where I was after Humphrey was nominated. Outside, trying to look away instead of In. fuck ‘em."

One of the worst of the freshmen, New Dem Patrick Murphy, has been among the most abusive of the e-mail fanatics this weekend. I just got another one from his annoying finance director, Mandi Karp: "Did you see this? Patrick's is THE race in Florida. We need to make sure that we have the strongest showing yet at this FEC deadline. Give now and your gift will be DOUBLE MATCHED - but only until midnight!" That's followed by a false claim from Debbie Wasserman Schultz that Murphy is Boehner's top target. He isn't. JUst moments atom he followed the Mandi e-mail up with a "personal" one: "Sorry to bother you on a Sunday, but Mandi and I were going through our database of our biggest supporters and making sure that they were in before our biggest Federal Elections Commission (FEC) deadline of the year on Monday. If you've already given and our emails were wrong, I apologize for bothering you, but if you haven’t, I would be humbled if you would consider making a contribution before our June 30th deadline."

So far Murphy has raised $2,814,416 this cycle, only 6% from small donors-- most of the rest from special interests who admire Murphy's conservative politics. A crowded field of 4th-rate Republican opponents fighting it out among themselves haven't raised enough to make any of them real competition:
Carl Domino- $578,305 ($429,527 with a check he wrote to himself)
Brian Lara- $113,997 ($100,087 with a check he wrote to himself)
Alan Schlesinger- $99,789 ($75,000 with a check he wrote to himself)
Ellen Andel- $51,233 (every cent of which she has already spent)
Beverly Hires- $36,770 ($36,000 with a check she wrote to herself)
Calvin Turnquest- $21,751
Frank Lynch- $10,000 (100% which he self-financed)
Nick Wukoson- zero
This is not shaping up to be a competitive race and certainly not one that Boehner is targeting. Wasserman Schultz, as usual, is lying-- in her eagerness to see her fellow slimy New Dem get in position to run for higher office. Paying attention to e-mail from her and Israel, or from any of the Blue Dogs or New Dems from the Republican wing of the Democratic Party grappling to take control of the House Democratic caucus, will do two things: guarantee another catastrophic election year for the Democrats and help cement conservative power inside the caucus.

Allowing Israel, Wasserman Schultz and Hoyer to determine who will be-- and who won't be-- the funded Democratic candidates can only end in catastrophe on numerous levels. Short of assigning that function to MoveOn, PCCC, DFA or Blue America, a better-- or at least more entertaining-- method would be to let Bill Maher do it. As we first reported in January, he has a fun game going called Flip A District and the first step towards congressional change ended on Friday with the addition of Dave Reichert (WA-08) and Scott Desjarlais (TN-04). Maher now has 16 Republicans to target-- or at least have some fun abusing:
Mike Coffman (CO-06)- D+1 Andrew Romanoff
Steve Southerland (FL-02)- R+6 Gwen Graham
Ted Yoho (FL-03)- R+14 Marihelen Wheeler
Jackie Walorski (IN-06)- R+6 Joe Bock
Steve King (IA-04)- R+5 Jim Mowrer
Dan Benishek (MI-01)- R+5 Jerry Cannon
Tim Walberg (MI-07)- R+3 Pam Byrnes
Kerry Bentivolio (MI-11)- R+4 July 17 primary
John Kline (MN-02)- R+2 Mike Obermueller
Scott Garrett (NJ-05)- R+4 Roy Cho
Michael "Mikey Suits" Grimm (NY-11)- R+2 Domenic Recchia
Renee Ellmers (NC-02) R+10 Clay Aiken
Scott DesJarlais (TN-04)- R+18 Lenda Sherrell
Blake Farenthold (TX-27)- R+13 Wesley Reed
Dave Reichert (WA-08)- R+1 Jason Ritchie
Paul Ryan (WI-01)- R+3 Rob Zerban
Ten of the 16-- Coffman, Southerland, Walorski, King, Bentivolio, Walberg, Benishek, Kline, Grimm, Ellmers-- are DCCC targets or semi-targets and I'm guessing that 4-- Southerland, Walorski, Walberg, and Benishek-- of those are on the list simply because the DCCC tampered with the process. Most of these contests are very uphill for the Democrats but the underlined one are candidates who have exactly the same chance of winning that you do. Some of the others have an ever so slightly better chance of winning than you do. And some of the best shots, like against Paul Ryan and Dave Reichert, are bing studiously ignored (or worse) by the DCCC because the Democrats running are progressives. Maher missed out of the two best shots to really flip a district away from pure unadulterated evil. One has an R+1 PVI (Fred Upton in Michigan) and one that has an EVEN PVI (Steve Israel in New York). In fact, if I could contribute to just one House candidate this cycle, it would be to the Democrat running against Upton, Paul Clements. You can contribute to Paul's campaign here-- and keep in mind, everyone on this page has been carefully vetted as a progressive worth investing in.



Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Anonymous ap215 said...

He's right those emails with the big words are a joke Israel & Schultz are pathetic, you guys here do a good job though the world should listen to you proud of your efforts.

 
At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was my response to one of their emails. I can't get off their list. I've emailed them and asked politely and "unsubscribed" which does nothing. So I took one of their many spam emails from just today and sent this a few times:

"
On Aug 13, 2014, at 3:31 PM, Democrats For Carrot Top wrote:

Carrot Top wouldn't have emailed you earlier if he didn't need your help.

Right now, the Asshat brothers and other outside groups of idiots are emailing Americans constantly.

And if that’s not awful enough, Captain Boner's campaign operation just launched their first attack ads of the election -- a $3O,OOO,OOO.OO ad blitz.

If we don't stop sending harassing emails constantly, Democrats will have to resort to more obnoxious ad campaigns for the November election.

We still need 289,391,124,836 more Carrot Top fans to respond before the mid-month fundraising deadline. So can you chip in now?

Huh?

Please? Please please please? C'mon! Please? How about now? Okay, maybe not now but maybe in 3 hours when we send our next spam email out? Maybe then? We're desperate enough to annoy the general public! Come on guys!

ALL EMAILS TODAY TRIPLE-ANNOYING!

Chip in $5,000 for Carrot Top immediately >>

Chip in $50,000 for Carrot Top immediately >>

Or click here to donate another amount, but be forewarned that we will still harass you through email constantly.

Thanks,

Fancy Flablowski




If you'd like to unsubscribe, tough luck. Our unsubscribe page is a hoax and we will constantly change our outgoing sender's address so that emails never get blocked! Muahahahaaaaa. Fuckers.






Paid for by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee | 430 South Capitol Street SE, Washington, DC 20003
(202) 863-1500 | www.dccc.org | Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

This message was sent to: calderaprocess@yahoo.com | Change or update your email address by clicking here. We believe that emails are a crucial way for our campaign to stay in touch with supporters. Click here if you'd like to unsubscribe from these messages. Thanks for your support of Democrats!"

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the emails that says that they are not affiliated with any candidate or committee. I too have begged them to delete me from their list. They told me that not only would they NOT stop sending me emails, they would send me MORE in the future! I am beginning to think that these are posers and thieves doing this. I have never seen democrats acting this ignorant. Pelosi's office says they don't know who these people are. Despite this...I am a DEM forever!

 
At 6:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife mistakenly used my email to sign a dccc petition over a year ago. I have also visited their site to unsubscribe and asked them to kindly stop emailing me. They have been spamming my email reserved for customers of my business ever since. I'm so sick of being harassed by dccc ( Gwen graham to be specific) that I am considering registering to vote just to vote against Gwen graham. I haven't voted in the 34 years I've been alive, but the dccc has finally motivated me. I will vote republican everything from now on, even though I prefer dem policy, thanks to Gwen graham! If I never see that name Gwen graham on my phone, tablet, or computer again it will be too soon. I don't know much about her, but I would love to kick her in the crotch so hard I'll have to buy a new set of boots. The beggars on the street only ask you for money once in a while! I also find it repulsive how she uses headline tragedies to send an email saying she feels bad, followed by GOT ANY SPARE CHANGE? Do these people even realize the people they are harassing for money are going to be voting against them? Most Americans don't care about who wins, or if they vote, it is based on who smiles nicest? I have never voted because I do not want to encourage any of them. If I start voting though, it will not be for dccc solely because of the spam I have received over the last year. Has someone forgotten to handle their candidates properly and help them portray a little class? WHAT AN EMBARRASMENT !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home